MULTImatic FA20 series active filters are the best solution for issues caused by harmonic currents in LV electric systems.
The MULTImatic FA20 active filter range is comprehensive: performance 35A, 60A, 90A and 120A in the same enclosure and filtering capacitance that can reach a total of 960A by placing up to 8 units in parallel.
MULTImatic FA20 active filters operation principle is conceptually simple: they firstly measure the harmonic currents on the load side and then eliminate them generating currents featuring identical module but opposite phase.
The outcome is dramatic THD reduction in the system currents, thus preventing the typical issues caused by distorted current:
- Lower voltage drops involving cables and transformers
- Cables and transformer less prone to overheat
- Enhanced power factor
- Reduction of electronic device malfunctioning (measuring tools, PLC)
The whole without risking the resonance and overloading issues typical of passive filters.
MULTImatic FA20 active filters are cutting edge devices boasting the following features:
- Modularity: the device efficiently filters up to 960A by placing in parallel up to 8 120A units
- Applicable to both pure three phase (3 wires) and to three phase plus neutral (4 wires) systems
- No overloading: the device sets its own limits
- Extremely fast response
- Wave shape distortion decreases even in presence of high harmonic currents (up to 51th)
- Open or closed loop control options
- Up to 12 harmonic currents can be compensated concurrently
- HAR (Harmonic Attenuation Ratio) exceeding 10
- Filter power can be partially employed for reactive power compensation in real time and without steps
- Large display for visualising essential values, upstream and downstream the active filter (THD, harmonic spectrum, etc)
- DSP (digital signal processing) microprocessor technology
- Simple maintenance